Santa's been keeping his stash downstairs in the basement, in a room Matt has been told repeatedly to stay out of. Actually, I'm really surprised he's lasted this long. I took some wrapped presents down there tonight and Matt and Milo tagged along to "help." Matt literally pushed Milo and me out of the way so he could be the first one down the stairs because, in his words, "it's my house." OK, since when does Matt want to be the first one down the dark stairs that lead into the dark, cold basement?
I once again threatened him. This time, though, the little bugger was too fast for me and peeked through the crack where the door is hinged.
"Wow, a bike," says he.
It was hard to hold back my smile as I saw his face light up. But, 'tis the season to be the Grinchy Mom and I had to tell him not to peek. I couldn't help but remember the days long ago when my cousin Amber would search her whole house until she found the loot, then let me in the secret of her stash. Every year she did this. Aunt Donna should have known better - your closet 'tis not a good hiding place.
After this encounter, Matt proceeded to lecture me on how mean I was. Speaking of Matt, he has also said some funny things lately:
Matt: Mom, why you in the shower all day long?
(It's true.)
Matt: Stop it Milo! Mom, Milo's watching me go pooh-pooh!
Me: Milo, don't watch Matt go pooh-pooh.
Matt: Mom, who made that thing? (pointing to the zipper pull on my coat)
Me: I don't know, whoever made the coat.
Matt: I think Jesus make it. Remember, Jesus make everything.
Matt has also been saying some good prayers lately. I'm just happy he wants to say the prayers. No matter if it's the prayer over the food or bedtime prayers, he says the same things - and has to add a "P.S" to the prayer should he forget anything. Sometimes it makes for long prayers over the food when we pray for dad at work, to watch out for cars in the road, and to not say bad words (that stems from a little encounter, OK two encounters, we had with the f-bomb the other day), etc.
And lately, Matt has questions for everything. He wants to know who was on the phone and what we talked about, what I'm doing on the computer, what's in the mail, etc. I guess I've been a bad mom, though, because at times he's taken to answering his own questions because of a repeated absent-minded answer I tend to give. Case in point:
Matt: Why is that car so fast? Because it is?
2 comments:
So now do Mom and Dad give the bike as a gift or is Santa still bringing it?
Gotta love the questions. One day a couple of years ago I threw on some clothes to run outside and Jameson reminded me to put "that thing on that goes over your shoulders" (my bra)...such observant little thinkers!
So, it looks like you're going to have to find better hiding places too! I love all the questions- you should write some of the really funny ones down and the funny stuff he says. That will be nice to remember someday. I'm sure you have time to do that everyday. Just a thought. I think it's funny that he doesn't like it when Milo watches him go poo poo!
Post a Comment