
It's time once again where I've been reevaluating my life and I've decided to incorporate some actual goals. No, I'm not talking about the goal of merely surviving three boys everyday, or the goal of getting the laundry actually folded, or even my latest goal of fulfilling my Cubmaster calling with enthusiasm - no, I need something bigger.
So, I signed up for a half-marathon in July and saw that my friend, Katie, who is also in my ward, was also running. I'm now running four days a week with her and some other ladies in the ward and I've also been talked into doing three additional races, one being a 20-miler. So, this is becoming bigger than I had originally intended it to be.
We did our first race, a 10K, on Saturday. I really do enjoy running. I'm not super-fit, nor do I have lean, muscular legs that indicate I can actually run some long distances. But, I love that exercise can clear my mind and I've really enjoyed getting to become better friends and getting to know these ladies I run with.
That being said, I've put it out there now that I'm doing these races and I'm just going to put this out there too, (for motivation so I don't come across as all bark and no bite), be it hell or high water I will lose 15 pounds by the middle of July...or the middle of August! I've joined Weight Watchers multiple times and I know all the tricks...it's just....food...is...so...good!
So, maybe by writing down my goals/plans I'll get there. After all, I do have this pet peeve about people who threaten to make their blogs private and then never carry through. So, I gotta do this now.

4 comments:
You go girl! I wish I enjoyed running as much as you do! I actually wished that I enjoyed running as much as I enjoy eating, then maybe I wouldn't have such a problem! How's weight watchers going? You are motivating me to do something- start anew!
What's with the comment about people threatening to go private?
You can do it! Eat--- then run it off! Good Luck.
lol! Jackie, I love you! You can do it one step at a time! I commend you for taking on the whole running thing - I've always admired people that actually LIKE to run! Way to put yourself out there! We're rooting for you!
That is awesome! Can't wait to see your pictures at the finish line!!
Post a Comment