Bryce Canyon 1/2 Marathon
I ran (and finished) the Bryce Canyon 1/2 Marathon this last weekend. I ran with my friend, Katie, and we maintained a 9:42 minute mile through 13.1 miles. It was a nice reminder about how hard the SG Marathon can be at points. The race goes from Ruby's Inn to Cannonville. The first four miles are great - downhill with a Bryce Canyon backdrop. And then you come to the bottom of the hill - pretty much flat, with slight hills, and really ugly terrain (kind of reminiscent of Whitewater, Colo.)Katie and I stuck together. I love running with her - it's been so good for me to get to know her and some other ladies we do daily runs with in our ward. You always get to know someone better when you see each other as early as 4 am, endure good smells (essential oils) and bad smells (sweat), push each other to keep going through tears, and praise the man when you're done.Anyway, it was a good run - I'm glad I'm taking the time to run and train for myself...or else I'd be an even more uptight wife/mom!
3 comments:
You are so inspiring...I really should start running...well, it gives me something to contemplate. Good job and congrats!! ;-)
You Rock! Seriously! So your friend Katie somehow knows my friend Lesley who also ran the Bryce Canyon 1/2. I saw a picture of her and Lesley on Facebook...funny! I wanna be like you when I grow up.
You are AWESOME!
Post a Comment