Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Backyard Sledding

I never really thought sledding would be a pastime for my boys in their own backyard, I mean, yea, 4-wheelers back and forth, but not sledding. The boys took advantage of the fresh snow two weeks ago. Matt enjoyed it. The bloom was off the rose pretty quick for Milo, though. Other than coats, hats, odd-sized mittens, and snow pants that were too small, the boys weren't really equipped to handle the cold wet stuff. After a short ride down the hill, falling into snow, and truding up the hill in his best tennis shoes (besides his legs are short, like his dad's), Milo was ready to call it quits after two times. Can't say as I blame him.


So, we couldn't find a "real" sled (not even an inner-tube), so the boys had to make due with a boogie board.











2 comments:

Monica Hudson said...

I love the "sacked out" pics - don't you love a good day of hard play! Bed time is so easy! Looks like fun!

Kara said...

Milo's sledding experience sounds a lot like Nathan's. We were in 2-3 feet of snow though and he had to be carried up the hill by Chris. The first couple times down, I think he really liked it, but then the snow was spraying in his face and he started crying and said he was cold. Oh-well, maybe next year. Cute pictures though! I still can't believe you had that much snow. How long did it take to go away? It's 60 degrees here in Vegas now! Feels a lot better than single digits we had in CO- for highs!!