I've finally been able to convince Sam that Milo, who is not quite 2 1/2, was indeed ready for a new bed. When he's able to climb in and out of the crib, I mean really, what's the point of the little cage anymore? So, like what we did with Matt, we bought him a full-size bed (in hopes that will be the only bed we'll ever have to buy for either of them).
So, when it came time for bed last night, Milo marched into his room and started crawling up the changing table to get into his bed. Milo, at this point, has had his own room, while Cooper and Matt share a room. Now, Milo and Matt share a room. I was prepared for a power of wills.
Me: "No, Milo, let's go get into your own big boy bed now."
Milo: "Oh."
And away he went. He laid down in bed and after ten minutes I went to check on him. He'd turned the light on and was laying by the door on the floor with his "bank." He looked so sad and little. I laid with him until he fell asleep.
We survived the first night in the big bed. But the following pictures tell the story of "Milo and his bed without walls."
5 comments:
You are brave! I want to keep Nathan in his crib forever! Why change what is working right? Good luck with that and I love the pictures.
You're smart - go straight for the big bed - they have to get used to it eventually, why not right from the start...and save some money in the end! We did the same thing with Chase and it worked great (though the longer Chase is in our lives the more I realize when we have a second child it's going to be an absolute terror because Chase has made life too easy for me!) GREAT pics! Those are priceless!
Can you believe he is old enough for a big bed?! They grow up so fast!
I love the pictures on the side of your blog! Very Cute!!
how cute and nice sheets, my boys have those and they love them. boys are crazy, our 2 yr old does the same thing so i'm soo feeling your pain :) hope you have a great holiday, give us a call if your ever up this way :)
Yah we had to transition Landon about 2 months ago at 18 months because he was climbing out of his crib too. The transition went pretty smooth except for nap time.....by the way LOVE the family picture of you guys. So awsesome!
Post a Comment