Tuesday, February 17, 2009

911, what's your emergency?

Cooper called 911 this afternoon. Yep, that little booger is in trouble now. I was busy doing some stuff for the race team and didn't even know Cooper had the phone. I finally wrestled it away from him and by that time it had been off the hook for 10 minutes. As soon as I hung it back up and I got a call right away. The caller ID says "Washington County." It was 911-dispatch telling me they'd had a hang-up and was everything allright. It had been up until that time, but as soon as I hung up I was ticked - ticked at my baby for doing it and at myself for not watching him better.



I told the dispatcher my baby had been playing with the phone. He then asked for my name. Gave it to him. Long silence as I heard him typing in the background. He asked if I could speak freely. Yes. I apologized profusely and hung up. Forty-five minutes later I get a knock, which in the back of my mind I was expecting. Two sheriff's deputies. They were friendly and understood the situation. I was angry for not being a more watchful mom and for wasting tax payer dollars. And now I still have six hours left in the day and two phones way up high.

8 comments:

Krystin said...

Oh my goodness! I would die...and even if there was no emergency at my house when the cops came...they would surely look at my house and think someone ransacked the place!

Jason and Allison said...

ha ha you're a bad mom.

Kara said...

They still came to your house??? I can't believe Nathan hasn't done that yet! I'm sorry! And you are not a bad mom! Don't listen to your brother!!! Happy Birthday today!! I sent you a card, but it will be late- sorry! Hope you have a GREAT day, and no more 911 calls!

Lainee said...

To funny!! You should ask my mom about the time that the police showed up at her door!! Landon called 911 while playing at Grandma's, so don't feel bad... even experienced Grandma's do it!! :) Well it looks like I am a day late on your birthday, so Happy Belated Birthday!! Hope you had a great day! We should go to lunch, or dinner don't you think?!?

Jeana said...

hey girl happy birthday yesterday. I can't count the number of times my little sis Meagan has done that.... Ben has only done it once but that was bad enough I tell ya. I know how you feel! :)

Nancy Nina said...

I called 911 once when I was like 6. There was a sticker on the handpiece that said, dial 9-1-1. So what's a kid to do?

Just consider it a successful drill for the county's emergency department!

The Wright Family said...

Oh snap! Poor Jackie! Yates has to go "talk" to the kids who dial 911 all the time. Funny stories he could share. LOL

Nancy Nina said...

Jackie!! It was fun seeing you at your house. Don't be surprised if I just show up at your house one day. I want to view your blog. PLEASE
MICHELLE aandwlover@gmail.com