
My wheat grinder arrived yesterday. Wahoo! My enthusiam for this new little contraption was fueled by visions of loaves of homemade wheat bread, various concoctions of wheat-filled recipes (whole grain brownies anyone?), and the thought that I will save nearly $180 a year in bread expenses.
After the initial excitement wore off, though, I had to think: 1. Has it really come to this? Is my SAHM (stay-at-home-mom) life so predictable and ordinary now that this really gets me all giddy? And 2. $180, huh? I think Sam spent that much alone on a part for his money-pit truck yesterday. Regardless, I will press forward and come hell or high water I will use my wheat grinder! Mine will be the most "regular" family in the neighborhood! Amen!
On the side here: I love ordering goodies off the Internet. But what I love even more is the UPS tracking device. I spy on my goodies and check-in on them about three times a day to see them get closer and closer to their new home. So, yesterday about 5 pm I was irked that my wheat grinder hadn't arrived yet. I hadn't heard the UPS man knock. So, I got online and found that it had been delivered. I pushed my kids out of the way, ran to the front door, which I rarely use, and found my little gem. Christmas all over again! Which, by the way, UPS deliveries have got to be one of the best parts of the holiday season. Yes, it would have been easier to just open the front door and look in the first place, but I'm on the Internet anyway spying on all of you.
5 comments:
Wow, those have come along way from the one I remember your Grandma using. Lucky you, you've turned into Harriet!!
That's just like the one I bought and have never used! Good luck and I expect to see pictures of your baked goods and recipes and pictures of your kids smiling faces eating those whole wheat pancakes and breads!
I think you should make some meatless wheat burger for dinner tonight!
Hey Jackie,
I've been the worst blog updater and blog reader lately...so I'm so glad you emailed me an invite! I'm all consumed with baby thoughts right now. He should be here anyday!
Loved this! I could really see myself doing the EXACT same thing! You are a great writer!
Post a Comment