The chest below sits in Cooper's room now. It was made by my Grandpa Whiting about four years before he passed away. Notice the date - it's been 20 years now. Wow. It's held up really well and has yet to be marred or marked by the kids. I'm sure it'll be with me forever. I took out the "Jem Starstage" and pioneer skirt from my third grade music program and replaced them with baby blankets. But in the drawer below still sits middle school yearbooks, plastic hook beads, and a hopscotch throwy thing (does that have a name??) My, how the years have changed.
Friday, March 6, 2009
The Last of the 20s
A couple weeks ago was a big, last birthday celebration for the last of my big 20s. OK, so it wasn't big - it was actually quite intimate - just me and the (little) boys. Yes, pity party moment for me. Sam was gone on a tow and I was determined not to cook. So, a sandwich for me and McNuggets for the boys. But, I did get a cake (with my name!), thank you Grandma, and I did buy myself a deep freeze. Wahoo, party on!
The chest below sits in Cooper's room now. It was made by my Grandpa Whiting about four years before he passed away. Notice the date - it's been 20 years now. Wow. It's held up really well and has yet to be marred or marked by the kids. I'm sure it'll be with me forever. I took out the "Jem Starstage" and pioneer skirt from my third grade music program and replaced them with baby blankets. But in the drawer below still sits middle school yearbooks, plastic hook beads, and a hopscotch throwy thing (does that have a name??) My, how the years have changed.


The chest below sits in Cooper's room now. It was made by my Grandpa Whiting about four years before he passed away. Notice the date - it's been 20 years now. Wow. It's held up really well and has yet to be marred or marked by the kids. I'm sure it'll be with me forever. I took out the "Jem Starstage" and pioneer skirt from my third grade music program and replaced them with baby blankets. But in the drawer below still sits middle school yearbooks, plastic hook beads, and a hopscotch throwy thing (does that have a name??) My, how the years have changed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm glad you at least got a cake with your name on it! I haven't had one of those for a few years. O-well, getting old just sucks! Anyways, see you tomorrow!
I'm sorry you had to get yoursself a cake...if I was there, I would make you crepes filled with chocolate for your birthday! The twenties are over-rated anway...I'm about to find tht out real soon!
Happy Birthday Jack! When Sam gets home, go to Mesquite and have some crab legs or something to celebrate post haste!
The hopscotch throwie thing is called a "Tah"(sp). I was proud of myself for knowing. Happy Birthday Jack! Welcome to the world of old people. Don't break a hip.
Post a Comment