Sunday, April 12, 2009

I Love Peeps

I love Peeps. I love their puffed mallow, dyed sugar-coated, gritty goodness. I appreciate the fact that a stale Peep can satisfy an urgent need for sugar quickly. You see, I'm not a candy snob. OK, I am a little bit. (Note: I tried to add some visual dynamic to my post, here, but my Google search for "peep pictures" didn't exactly turn up what I was looking for.)

Peeps are so popular they have their own holiday(s). Not only have they infiltrated the day of the Resurrection, they have slowly been taking over Halloween, Christmas, and Valentine's. Those evil, delectable little creatures. I know I'm not alone in my love for Peeps. So, it upsets me when I read about sites like www.100waystokillapeep.blogspot.com. Who are these animals?!

Peeps retail for about .97 for 12. (Yes, I keep up on these things.) So, you see I'm not really a candy snob. I can do without Godiva chocolates. But, I am kind of candy connossieur. So, I'm still seething a bit after our annual Andrus Family Easter picnic yesterday. The deal is that for every kid you have participate in the egg hunt the parent supplies ten eggs. After the hunt I have to inspect the kids' candy... you know for uh...knives and Anthrax. So, what did my inspection reveal? Jelly beans and cheap chocolate! I was so ticked, especially after the eggs I donated were filled with actual Nestle's chocolate and not some cheap knockoff.

I am getting tired of this charade. It's gone on way too long now. I am demanding that all eggs for the Andrus Hunt be filled with adult-like chocolate goodness. Egg hunts are not just for kiddos, my family. I'll be honest. I, like my friend, Kara, hide my kids' Easter candy for myself on occassion. Nothing wrong with that. I know my mom did it, too. So, my dear Andrus family, until you can rectify this horrible situation I am boycotting the Easter picnic. And the only way to get back into my good graces is to maybe fill a golden egg or two with a Peep. Until then, Peep-out, my friends.

4 comments:

Lainee said...

I used to love peeps... I think I have consumed way to many over the years, cause this year I had no desire to even eat one! Just give me the CHOCOLATE!! Anyway, the only reason I knew about Little League is because Gavin is a sports fanatic... and they had sign ups at Lins. I will let you know if we sign up for anything else... Matt could play flag football in the fall if your interested.

allison said...

HAHAHAHA, I loved the kill a peep website. That was awesome!

Kara said...

I bought so much EAster candy this year (cause I had coupons)! We filled a bunch of Nathan's eggs and then we put all the leftover candy in the fridge and freezer- saving the cadburry eggs for myself of course! I bought it all for myself really. I'm sorry though, I'm not a fan of peeps either. I'm all about cadburry eggs and robin eggs!

Gai said...

I should have saved you my stale peeps, in the garbage they went. Sorry