The clanging of cupboard doors woke me up the other day. Sam was gone. The baby was crying in his crib. I didn't want to get out of bed. A minute later all was silent in the kitchen, Cooper's door opened, and I hear a five-year-old voice say, "It's OK, Coopie. I get you. Wanna a bottle?"
By this point, I heaved myself out of bed and stumbled into the kitchen. My Matt says to me: "Mom, I didn't know you was here. I thought you went for a run and I watch the babies."
Oh, my sweet little guy! He'd actually thought I'd left him alone to care for his 1 and 2-year-old brothers, and the crazy thing was....was he was OK with it! He'd gotten himself some chocolate milk and was in the process of getting Cooper a bottle. What a fine young man....do I ever dare leave now? Yea, right.
This morning Milo made his way into my room. He unfolded his clenched, chubby fists and told me he had "fowers." My little "Me-ho" (as he calls himself, with a slight Polynesian accent) and Matt both gave me the nicest little bouquet of yellow and purple desert flowers. Matt told me they had to climb through the fence to get them. Such sweet boys...I hope they'll always bring me dandelions.
2 comments:
that is so sweet- that gives me some hope for nathan; that one day he'll try to help out his younger brother. That's so sweet of them to pick you flowers too! You're teaching those boys how to treat the ladies!
Yes, little boys do love their mommies. You have the love x 3. Fun for you!
Post a Comment