Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sam Andrus Family Vacay

I organized a little family retreat for just our little family. It's difficult to do much because Sam and I are on such different spectrums - he travels a lot for work and so he likes to stay home when he can. I am home nearly ALL THE TIME and have the need to leave familiar surroundings once in a while. I talked the hubby into it and we took off for a far away adventure to Layton/Farmington. Wahoo! We started the first day off at the Hogle Zoo...

...where we found these goofy animals....


...and Cooper the "animal whisperer" who talks to any animal in a high, falsetto, gibberish language...


...and Milo, who loves big animals....


...and Matt who wanted to see the giraffes, but said the zebras were his favorite....


...and, of course we had to take the quick train ride that hasn't changed in at least 25 years....


...but this time it involved three monkeys.


And after the zoo....


...exiting the cool 3D movie (where Milo kept his glasses on the entire time) at....



....Thanksgiving Point...


...and three minutes after leaving Thanksgiving Point.


Just beginning the day at Lagoon...


....got all the kids on the first ride...


...onto the next...




...happy boys....


....warming up....


...getting the hang of the whole ride thing....


...happy again after a melt-down....


....and three minutes after leaving Lagoon.

4 comments:

Monica Hudson said...

LOL! What a great post! I understand about the need to get out of the house on occasion! glad you were able to get out for a little while! ;0P Gee - I haven't been to Lagoon in ages!! Looks like ya'll had a great time!

Lainee said...

Fun! I love all the posts. Congrats on the diaper free child! That is awesome.

Kara said...

That looks so fun- I'm so glad you guys did that! I want to go now! We need a zoo, or something here in Vegas to do with kids! It's pretty rediculous actually.
And by the way, I'm still not potty training. Nathan is still resisting and I'm not ready to fight him.

Shella's Ramblings said...

I cant believe you were at Lagoon, hello that used to be something we would do together!!! You are in sooo much trouble!