He was a good ball.
He was pounded on gym floors during many a Fall.
I was 10 when I found him under the Christmas tree.
He was made of actual leather, a special ball just for me.
He saw action on the carpet of the cultural hall.
He saw action on the carpet of the cultural hall.
He loved it when I'd serve him so hard he made people fall. (OK, not really.)
As with too many things I used to do
He was forgotten once the kids came along, too.
Alone. Outside in the weeds he met his demise.
A tractor ran him down, he must have had a fright.
I hope his last thoughts of us together were swell.
I was so proud of that ball, that ball that taught me to play volleyball well.
Gone, but not forgotten.
2 comments:
That's a very long time to have a volleyball! Sorry about your loss. :(
Btw, I just wanted to mention that you have my scrapbook blog on your bloglist, not my actual blog where I post a few times a week. The address is tyandkate2006.blogspot.com
In case you're interested. :)
You are too funny! I love the comment someone made on your FB about how you hit her pretty hard with that ball. What a nice way to take out some frustrations on some people.
Post a Comment