Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I Heart Cement

If I could, I would probably cover my back yard in cement - you know, just for maintenance purposes.

Sam talked to me into this little beauty last week. And herein lies one of Sam and I's differences: He wanted a cement pad. Last Wednesday was the first I'd heard of this. The workers scoped it out on Thursday, gave him a price and today, merely a week later, we have a cement pad nearly twice the size as our first home. I have been wanting a retaining wall for four years now. It's still a pipe dream for me.

Sam's arguments for the pad: the kids can play on it so they're not by the road in the driveway/we'll put a garage or shed in the corner for a lot of my junk in the other garage/I'll use it to park my trucks on and work on them at home so I'll be home more and give you a break.

So, the man knows the right buttons to push.

For the future, though, he just better clean up his stinkin' oil spills because it's so pretty right now.




No comments: