Sunday, March 20, 2011

Of a Serving Nature

I woke up this morning so exhausted. And it was my own fault.

 Reasons being: 1. I'm still fighting against this whole time change idea. What the h-e-l-l? (It's not really swearing if it's separated by exclamative and deliberate hyphens.) Every year I refuse to conform to this whole switching the clock ahead one hour. It's not normal to still be light at 8 pm. I never really noticed it until I was a mother and to kids if it's still light forget about wind down time. The problem was confounded even more as it's been spring break this week, and with no real motivation to get out of bed, I haven't officially lumbared out of my bed until 9:45 (but, it's really only 8:45, right?)

And Reason #2 (still with me?): I went to sleep last night thinking about my Relief Society lesson I was to teach in the morning. Big mistake. "Service" was the lesson and I dreamed literally all night that I was aimlessly pushing some ward member's washing machine around the neighborhood....all in the name of "service" or something fruity like that.

I was so tired from working so hard all night.

I'm not sure if my dream neighbor appreciated it or not. I sure would have. I recently went 10 days without a washing machine. But now, after a no down/no interest six month loan from Boulevard Home Furnishings (during which I'm pretty sure was one of their 13 anniversary sales they have during the year), I have this little beaut:

And I had a fair, not good, but fair example to share with my fellow Sisters.

You see, service doesn't have to be of a laborious (sp?) nature. A smile, kind word, or a sit and talk can be just as appreciated.

And with that little gem being said, I refuse to think about my RS lessons anymore. May heaven help us.

4 comments:

Allisond said...

I agree, it's not heading to Louisianna to rebuild houses, it's talking to the sister that's been in the ward for six months, and still seems to sit alone in RS.

Robin said...

Hey, I don't have a washing machine right now either-- also, feeling pretty validated that I'm not the only person in the blogging world that mentions that in a post. Congrats on the new purchase and hope your house smells better than ours right now.

Shella's Ramblings said...

Jackie you are hilarious!! I do not believe hell is a swear word. Then again I sang a song when I was little....hell is nice to say, heck isn't nice to say.

Donna Lyn said...

Ditto