So, them's oil shale in them there hills! It was pretty cool....now if only that alkali enriched brown clay dirt could make somebody some money....
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Kannah Creek Mining
I went "home" again this last week. While there, Jason told me about digging for fossils in the hills near the creek. (And for those of you who don't know, it is pronounced CRIK, not creak - and I don't care what anyone says, that is not the hick way to say it!) I had no idea such fossils where even around there, but you didn't have to dig too long to find imprints of leaves and shells. I came across a weirder looker rock, like it had veins and layers to it, and asked my brother if he'd actually seen a whole shell before. He hadn't, but later came across the same type of rock I had. If you scratched it with your teeth and tasted it, it actually tasted like what you might imagine an oily rag would taste like....
So, them's oil shale in them there hills! It was pretty cool....now if only that alkali enriched brown clay dirt could make somebody some money....





So, them's oil shale in them there hills! It was pretty cool....now if only that alkali enriched brown clay dirt could make somebody some money....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment