Tonight Sam and I were talking about cliques, and how even at our ages they still exist. I was telling Sam a story (which I won't go into) and then, seeing the semi-bored expression on his face, asked if cliques were just a girl thing. He said no, they weren't, that guys had cliques and clubs, too.
Me: So, do you have a clique?
Sam: No, I'm too busy to care about that stuff. People want to be in my clique actually.
Me: What's that clique? I am Sam, Sam I am - is that who belongs to your clique?
Sam: You'd be surprised. Lots of people want to be in my group.
Me: Oh yea, like who? Who wants to be in your clique?
And then from the other couch, we both hear this little voice say: "Me."
Yes, indeed, Milo wants to be in his dad's clique. That simple little word from that innocent little guy just brought it back to me. That kind of stuff doesn't matter. What matters is only what my sweet Marsh-Milo said and thinks. (Yes, we're cool to our kids - at least Sam is. I hope he still thinks that in 10 years!)
2 comments:
Oh, how sweet! I bet that made Sam's day.
I've never met you Sam or Milo, but I'd like to be in his click too.
JS
Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment