Friday, February 6, 2009

Going Private and a New Email

So, it's come to this. I'm being forced to go private now. Yea, I know it's kind of a pain, but it's a compromise after a heated "discussion" the other night with the husband.

Sam doesn't pay much attention to my blog. It's pretty much my own world. But, he got an itch the other night to do some investigating and came to the conclusion that "we have cute kids and there are some crazy people out there." His words, not mine. Didn't know my children would be singled out among all my fellow bloggies, but he told me the blog had to go. I told him that bordered on abuse. So, we compromised. I go private, Sam is somewhat pacified, and I keep my link to the outside world.

So, here's how it works (Grandma and Mom, pay attention): Go to www.blogger.com or www.google.com. Sign up to get a google account - pretty much it's your email address and a password. You don't have to create a blog to get an account. Then, email me your email address and I will put you on my list of "acceptable readers." My email address is sjandrus@aol.com.
I'll probably be going private in about a week.

Sidenote: This is my new email address: sjandrus@aol.com. It replaces my former email address amend1720@aol.com. That email address is so outdated. In fact, other than my mom's email, it's got to be the oldest AOL address there is. In fact, it has a dated history which I will briefly share.

I got that email address in 1996. The "amend1" part stands for the 1st Amendment - freedom of the press, speech, etc. I, at this time, was a journalism nut. Not to brag, but at this time I was part of the second best high school newspaper in the country, "The Orange & Black." My teacher, Mark Newton, was very inspirational. Not only in producing the best newspaper, but in just becoming a better person all around. So, I loved writing and journalism. I even had a bumper sticker on my Ford Escort that said "Talk is Cheap, Free Speech Isn't." Nice, I know. You thought I could've lived in Boulder with that one. I still believe that, but it's not on my nice Ford Freestar mini-van now.

The "720" part is a bit embarrassing. The "7" is for July (the seventh month) and the "20" is for July 20th, a day I went on a date with a crush I had. Now, only my fellow Grand Junctionite bloggers will appreciate this, but my crush was Jared Dean. That crush faded quickly though, when I was gone to France for three weeks and came home to find he'd asked one of my best friends to prom. Kari wasn't keen on going, in fact she brought me a rose from the bouquet he'd used to ask her as she then asked my permission to go. Seriously, what a good friend! She wound up going because she felt bad saying no. But the 720 was already a part of my email identity, and 13 years later it is time to move on! So, there you go - more than you wanted to know about my email.

Don't forget to email me if you want me to add you to my blog list. I love reading blogs and I love my friends to read mine! So that's sjandrus@aol.com.

6 comments:

Jason and Allison said...

Since you're reliving your highschool glory days, perhaps you ought to also tell the story of how you hooked up with Robert the Bruce in the hot tub. Thats always a good one.

Krystin said...

You are so brave to put his name out there! When we were going to BYU, he and his wife lived in our ward. How funny! Include me on your blog invite!

Monica Hudson said...

LOL! I love it! I had a crush on Eric Towner and Chris Heaton - grr baby! I've been contemplating going provate myself - it's such an internal conflict! Be sure to count me in - I emailed you, too, just in case you didn't have my email address. xoxo

The Holland Family said...

Jack - we want in on your private blog. My blogs are out there for the world to see. Anyway, my email is coleybug@rockemail.com Your too funny not to follow. Love ya girl. Love, Nicole

Nancy Nina said...

sjandrus? Can't you come up with something more intriguing? You know, something that will keep people guessing for the next 13 years?

The Wright Family said...

Also sent an email. :)