Sunday, March 22, 2009

Me Jackie, Me Hungry

So, I had this extremely ravenous appetite for some meat tonight. And seeing that I am not a very good cook (I can hold my own with salads and desserts), I had to resort to other means. After an extreme stomach turning adventure with mustard chicken a few years back, I have to blacken chicken to make sure it's done. So, tonight was one of those obscene cravings where I could totally feel at home with the Flintstones as the rack of ribs tips over the mini-van at the drive-thru. I settled for Wendy's instead.

Yes, there you have it - an admission to my sins. Yes, I do break the Sabbath occassionally. I don't shop at the stores and don't wine and dine myself at restaurants, but yes, people, I do satisfy my cravings with a trip to the Cum-n-Go (seriously, they do exist...hehe) or the Dairy Queen. Bad habits learned years ago from my Gpa and Aunt Ellen. It's either satisfy the inner beast or kill the kids - I think God understands my dilema.

I had two hamburgers. I seriously would have eaten the entire bag-o-burgers at Arctic Circle, but thems good Mormon going people who don't open their business on Sundays for heathens like myself. Then I snuck some chicken nuggets away from the children. I did draw the line, however, at finishing off Cooper's half eaten ones thrown way under the front seat. Standards, people.

So, two hamburgers - not that bad, right? Well, did I mention I ate an entire sleeve of Oreos between 12:15 pm and 1:00 pm. I didn't eat breakfast and church just makes me hungry. Is it just me or is anyone else starving when they get home, even if you have had breakfast/lunch? After my Oreo high ran out, I needed some more chocolate. The only chocolate available were the little morsels in the chocolate chip bag. Helped myself to a heaping cup. Yum, yum. So, it's understandable that by the time 6:00 came around I needed some salt to even out the sugar...hence the hamburger dilema.

Then in between the sugar high and the caveman urgings I'd had about enough of the children. Sometimes the whining and the constant needs just get to me. I think Milo has spent most of the day crying outside my locked door - he's two and a little evil right now. Sam's been gone for two weeks now and my patience is just thin. And I woke up this morning with a big fat whiteheaded zit just under my lower lip. Zits around the lip area are just bad. Then my skirt was a little tighter around the midsection than I remember it being last week.

So, after I get the kids out of the tub I'm taking a Midol and Tylenol PM, putting Twilight on, zoning out, and calling it a night.

3 comments:

Nancy Nina said...

Sweet cravings definitely haved to be chased with something savory...usually meat doesn't come to mind first...but it's your fantasy. Are you anemic? I'll be right down and we'll go out for a big old steak followed with a big bad brownie sundae. Oh and I'll bring someone with me to watch the boys.

Jason and Allison said...

Um I believe its "Kum & Go", with a "K". Just thought you ought to know. Not exactly sure what you're going for there. . . . .

Kara said...

Oh jackie! Sounds like me most days! I am the same way with the balancing out of sweet and salty stuff. Oreos are my favorite and I have no problem polishing off a whole pack! I don't know how you do it with Sam gone. My patience is gone after one day and I only have one kid!! Is Milo feeling ok? You didn't have enough time away from them on Sat. You need to get a babysitter for a WHOLE day and come back to Vegas and this time we'll get a pedicure and a massage!