Friday, April 10, 2009

Dixie in Vegas

I love getting together with old friends. True friends are those you can just pick up with where you left off. There's no straining for conversation, awkward silences, or "trying." You know, some people are just easier to click with than others.


So, I love getting together with my friends from Dixie College. Back in them days we were all thrown together and forced to co-exist...and some 11 years later it's still turned out pretty good. Now, our conversations are a bit different. Scheming our latest prank at the Wedge has been replaced with talk of kids and we've moved past talking boyfriends, and even the bad habits of our husbands, to talk a little politics. Time has changed a bit, but we still love reminiscing - and I think our old stories even get better with time.

But, I did read a Quoteable Quote the other day on my thinkin' chair in my favorite quick-read literature, "The Reader's Digest," (you know they make that magazine that size to fit perfectly on the back of the toilet) and it said:

"We have to remember that these are the 'good ol' days.' "

Me, Brittney, Kara (hiding behind the bench because she was way pregnant. Congrats, Swaney on baby Jackson born April 8), Adrienne, Necia


Also, that weekend I had a good surprise visit from my cousins, Michelle and Becca. Those girls are crazy! They were down from Kaysville to spend a wild weekend in SG-town. And contrary to what some believe, I was NOT making them grind wheat in my basement!

3 comments:

Kara said...

I love how you describe things! I wish I could write like you. I got your message. We're home now and doing well. Jackson likes to sleep all day and party all night. Thank goodness my mom is here. I don't know what I'll do when she leaves- I'll be calling you!

Nancy Nina said...

Then why did Michelle and Becca come home with bags of ground wheat?

Jeana said...

oh so fun so wish I could have been there to join my sista solidiers! Gotta love our Wedge apt pranks :) I miss you girls I would so love to see everyone again. I guess that is what I get for moving out to Cali...