Uncle Bill, Sam's uncle and my father's-in-law twin brother passed away April 26. Sam described Uncle Bill as being "like a second dad." He taught Sam a lot about truck mechanics and Sam has worked and talked to his uncle quite a bit. And some of Sam's best memories are Saturday lunches at the Chalet, a hometown restaurant in Mesquite, Nev., with Uncle Bill, his son, Tom, Sam's cousin, and Sam. It was a ritual in Sam's early and teenage years. Sam was especially close to Tom, who passed away in an auto accident in 1996 at the age of 17.
I've posted quite a few pictures, for my in-laws, mostly, who weren't able to attend the funeral. They're serving an LDS mission to the West Indies. They couldn't leave the country having only been there less than a month.
I've posted this video at the beginning, as I felt like it was a special tribute to Uncle Bill and my father-in-law. The funeral procession began with the hearst, followed by the limo with Aunt Clo and some children, followed truck #1176 (Bill's truck) driven by a son, then Jim's truck (that Sam and I drove), and finally Tom's old Chevy.
No comments:
Post a Comment