
Watching "The Biggest Loser" is really so cathartic lately. I cry like a freakin' baby. They're doing family situations now and one of the teams is a father/daughter duo. I cry because I can totally relate. The daughter just turned 24 in this last episode and her dad is in his 50s, I think - similar to the age of myself and my dad. The daughter wants her dad to lose weight so bad because he has every risk factor in the book and she believes he won't live to walk her down the aisle.
I can totally relate to this poor girl. I'd rather my dad lose weight and get healthy more than I'd like to win the lottery. I think life can wear you down, though, and you get into a routine that's comfortable and helps you survive and it's hard to make losing weight a priority. Hence, my dad who works crazy hours as a railroad engineer, combined with a bumb knee and ankle, and years of bad habits. It's just so frustrating to watch someone you love not want to make the commitment to get healthy - I feel sometimes like he's a ticking bomb. I know my dad wants to get healthy and feel better, but he doesn't quite have all the motivation to.
So, I cry when I watch this girl's relationship with her dad, and then cried some more when he was voted off this week. Good news, though, he did go home to lose 50 pounds on his own. I've tried to get my dad to go on "The Biggest Loser," but he's not into it. I wonder if I could secretly sign him up and have Bob come knock on his door...
2 comments:
You made me think about my dad. He sure could use Bob or Gillian and so could I. I have cried a couple times watching "The Biggest Loser", but usually I just watch it while eating ice cream. Somebody's gotta eat!
I know what you mean. I want to go on the show...
Tina, from last season was really motivating, that is why I have gained 20 pounds since that season.
Post a Comment