Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Matt's Soccer Game

Matt had his first soccer game on Saturday. He's on a team with other 3-4 year-olds that live in Winchester Hills. His coach is one of my friends, who also has a son on the team. I was surprised at how aggressive they actually played. Matt got right in there and after the ball, only stopping when he fell down and had to wipe his wet legs off (he hates to be wet at all). They play 3-on-3, and the field is only about 20 yards long, with these tiny goals at each end.

With three boys, this is the first of many games to come. I never played soccer growing up, but I was actually getting nervous. I don't want to be one of those obnoxious parents, but I was definitely getting into it.




1 comment:

Kara said...

I'm sure soccer will be so good for Matt. I think that is so smart that they only put three kids on a team. Remember reffing soccer for Youth Sports? When there's 20 kids on the field chasing the ball around, it just doesn't work so good. You better keep your cool though, you don't want to get thrown out of a game and be one of "those" parents that everyone talks about!!