Monday, January 12, 2009

The Big Mac

The fam feasted on some fine dining Saturday afternoon in one of my favorite bacteria-laden atmospheres: McDonald's playplace! Next to perusing in Big Lots, McDonald's playplace has got to top the list of places I have to take a shower after visiting. Actually, we go to McDonald's because it's pretty much my only way of getting out, eating, and keeping my kids in a confined area. So, once again McDonald's won out over the Olive Garden.

Sam and I have had discussions lately about his over indulgence in fast food cuisine. I think he eats too much of it and he agrees. But, like so many other Mormons his addiction has got to be either prescription drugs or food. The latter has won out. This day at McDonald's was no different.

On Sam's "tray" - yes he had a whole tray to himself - was a BLT sandwich, 6-piece chicken nuggets, and a Big Mac. He'd gotten his food before I met him there. So, when I sat down he was on his nuggets then moved on to his BLT. Which, I, too, had to sample - I mean, come on, it's a sandwich with lettuce and tomato, it has to be healthy, right??

Well, after finishing his frist two entrees, he opens the Big Mac box. It was empty. The man says to me, "Where's my Big Mac?" I asked the next logical question: "Did you eat it?" Sam's answer: "I can't remember."

Oh, good hell, I thought to myself, and then said aloud: "Well, let's look at the evidence. There's a dollop of secret sauce on the side of the box and lettuce shreds are at the bottom. I think you ate it."

Sam's response: "Well, if I didn't eat it, at least it saved me some calories."

Was there a lesson learned about fast food overconsumption? Probably not, because we finished off our meal with sundaes.

4 comments:

Nancy Nina said...

Well, he didn't have fries Jackie.

Kara said...

Oh my good hell! You are freaking hilarious! WAy to finish it off right, with a sundae! I would have started with that and a LARGE fry and been just fine!

Jeana said...

ha ha Jackie you never cease to crack me up!

Monica Hudson said...

LOL!! You are stinkin' hilarious! I'm a fast food addict myself...I don't know if it's being mormon or just the youngest so my parents were done cooking...probably a combo! ;-) Either way, it's an interesting predicament - good luck and keep laughing!! (And sharing - that was funy!)