As 2009 begins, I think it's time for some self reflection in a little piece I'm calling "Reasons Why I Suck." Now, I'm not particularly fond of the "s" word, but in this case it fits. (I got this idea from my friend, Kara, when I was researching her blog, so thanks Swaney!)
Reasons Why I Suck....
10. Most times I'd rather spend 30 minutes surfing the Net, than playing hide-n-seek with Matthew.
9. I can spout the evils of caffeine consumption to my parents and husband, but I'm not averse to drinking a tall, cold, refreshing glass of Dr. Pepper myself.
8. Milo is still on the bottle. It's more for my benefit than his.
7. I pride myself on not becoming involved in neighborhood or ward gossip, but secretly enjoy the little tid-bits of information I can get.
6. I hate blogs about women with "cute and smart kids, helpful and nurturing husbands, lots of vacays, children potty-trained at 2 months old, cute craft projects, running marathons six weeks after having a baby, yummy treats," etc...but I keep visiting these blogs out of morbid curiosity and to dig the knife deeper into my own wounds.
5. I complain that I have nothing to wear as I look into a closet jammed with clothes.
4. I want to lose weight, then wonder why I can't the morning after I consumed 12 pringles, 1 string cheese, 3 caramels, a bowl of cereal, and 23 turkey peppproni pieces (and that's only after the kids have gone to bed).
3. I complain that I want my basement finished, but why? I hardly get overnight visitors and it's not like my kids are going to play down there at their ages, let alone sleep alone down there.
2. I say I hate trends and roll my eyes at them, but I find myself buying cute aprons, decorating in brown hues, buying magnet boards, and secretly wishing I belonged to a Bunko group.
1. I know what makes my husband happy (and overall home life happier), but most times I'm just not in the mood.
6 comments:
LOL! Amen, honey - I think I could put every one of those reasons on my list, including the Dr. Pepper (you're a girl after my own heart!) - but they are not reasons why you suck, rather they are reasons why we love you...you're human just like the rest of us! Change what can be changed and don't worry about the rest...life is too short to spend it becoming the person everyone else thinks you should be. Do what you love, love what you do and have fun creating TRUE memories (no one remembers those crafty things people do in the long run). Love and hugs from a fellow sucky person!
Ok, I totally SUCK too!!! LOL! Thanks for making my day! :) You rock, I love ya!
But Jackie! You are cute and smart and you can come to my Bunko apron group anytime!
This is the best blog I've read today. LOL You just earned yourself a follower, I hope you update often.
Happy New Year - Together we can simply suck it up in 09
JS
Oh my gosh Jack-A! I'm so glad you did that! That makes my day and you are freaking hilarious! I'll come stay with you anytime and sleep in your unfinished basement. I love what you wrote about reading "Seriously So Blessed Blogs"! I love everything about you and I wouldn't change a thing! You suck and I want you to come be in my BUNKO group!
Oh Jackie...see I knew there was a reason that I liked you so darn much even though you're an "x" (tee hee)!!! I could have almost written that whole thing word for word about myself, but yours is much more clever!
Post a Comment