Matt turned 5 on Feb. 5. Everyday now he asks me when he's going to kindergarten. I really messed up on that one. I've told him that he has to be five. Now he's five, he wants to know why he's not going. How do you explain state age requirements and birthday deadlines to a five-year-old? Somebody just let that boy go to school!
I promise - they tasted way better than they looked. I have never played soccer and apparently I have never seen a soccer ball either. The frosting probably would've looked better if I'd have used shortening, which is stiffer, but it's just hard to know I'm eating sugar coated lard. I mean, I'll do it, but if I have a choice I'm more of a straight butter cream frosting type of girl. Underneath is my favorite cake to make - the ever popular 1970s-esque chocolate mayonnaise cake! Best cake ever!
4 comments:
Happy Belated Birthday to Matt! Too bad he can't go to Kindergarten now- 5 months is a long time to wait still. That's cool that he's so excited to go. Hopefully he still will be that excited when it's really time to go.
How fun! But how can you not eat "sugar covered lard" but put mayonaise in your cake? You'll have to shoot me the recipe so I can decide for myself :) As for when school starts...I would get him a backpack and some school supplies so he knows it will happen...but do some sort of countdown like m&m's in a jar...he gets one per ay until school starts. I don't know...My response to everything is , "I don't know, we'll have to wait and see."
Oh my hell you have gone and done it. You have put a picture of your kid's birthday cake on your blog. What a sad day this is. I am ashamed. Next all you need is the picture of your kid eating the cake at his birthday with the ever present dad to "help him out" hardy har har. You are so mormon. When did this change happen to you? Are you even my sister?
Jackie, please feel free to post whatever pics you want on your blog. We are proud of you for not giving in to sugar covered lard...especially the kind that is sold at Albertsons. Next time your brother gives you a hard time, just kick his butt with your foot covered by a mormon Croc shoe. And Happy Birthday Matt!
Post a Comment