Class Reunion
Well, it was finally that time - time to get the ol' girdle out and suck it in like I hadn't had three babies in three-and-a-half years, and then get prepared to see those who were my buddies and those who were not so much my buddies from the Grand Junction High School class of 1998. Yep, it's been 10 years for me now. High school really does seem like another lifetime. I was a little nervous about going at first, but I'm glad I went. I saw my old friends - Angie, Kari, Noelle, Wendy, Emily, and Robin. But, unfortunately, there were too many who weren't there. I graduated with a class of 306, and maybe 30 came. Still, it was fun to see who had changed the least and who had changed the most - hello! can anyone say beer guts and bald heads! I loved it!! I don't know if I'll make the 20-year, but it's nice to see and remember people who knew you from way-back-then.
Robin and I were in many seminary classes together. The girls in class were always good, but I don't know how Bro. Haddock handled those obnoxious boys who thought they were God's gift to us! She has a cute baby boy and lives near Provo now with her husband.
And speaking of seminary - did you know that for about two months during my Dixie College days I had about a half dozen different people actually approach me and ask if I was the girl from the seminary videos?? How weird is that?! I know who they're talking about and that girl has got to be about at least 10 years older than me. Never had anyone before ask me that and never had anyone since....I must have been going through a phase there for a while where I looked like "Smiley," as my brother called her.
Me, Kari (who lives in Denver), Emily (who lives in NYC), Angie (who lives in Denver), and Noelle (who lives in GJ). It was so fun to see my old friends! For Kari, Angie, and I it felt like we just picked up right where we left off. Angie is one of my oldest friends - we were enemies in 4th grade and became good friends in 5th.
No comments:
Post a Comment