Thanksgiving this year was with the Andrus family. Sam and I take turns with our families and the holidays, so we stayed in St. George. For our "first" dinner of the day, the whole Andrus family (Sam's aunts and uncles and their children) meet in a church gym for the meal. I don't know how long they'll continue the tradition, the families are getting so big that it's getting more impersonal. And the dinner is just the basics - turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, Jell-O, rolls, and pies. So, Kristen, one of my three sisters-in-law, and I, decided years ago we wanted left-overs, dang it! So, we do another dinner later that night at my in-laws...it's much better (and I save making the good pies for then).
5 comments:
Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving (two to be exact)! When are you going to CO and how long are you staying? I'm glad to hear that Coopie decided walking was fun and can now defend himself a little better against his brothers. Miss you and still smile every time I hear your "playlist"!!
Yeah - like the idea of the second dinner - Thanksgiving is supposed to be crazy togetherness! Looks like you guys had a great time!
hey jack, nice background. You should check out mine. Hee hee. Love to visit your blog. (or lurk as allison calls it.)
Love your new family pics! I need you now to update us with a post and some of your humor.
Where are you at? I also love the new pics of the family, do I get a copy? Please update the blog or at least give me a call.
Post a Comment