Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanks for a Functioning Body

So, Cooper has decided he'd like to quit being a rug rat. Actually, he's starting to walk for pure survival's sake. Now that he can get into his brothers' toys and wreck havoc, both Matt and Milo have been defending their territory - they don't really consider him the baby anymore.

I appreciate that we are born with that instinct to keep progressing. Now that Coopie is getting his land legs, he loves to get up and move. There's just something about the human body and instinct to not be satisfied with where we are. When laying on our backs don't cut it anymore, we learn to roll, then crawl, then walk, and run and jump.

I am so grateful for physically capable children who like to jump, and roll, and play, and move. Our bodies are really so amazing (and I'm not really talking about my physiqe, thank you). There's no amount of science that can replicate the fluidity of fingers moving or a turn of the head.

(I had a video of Cooper walking already to post and I, for some reason, can't figure out how to get it on here. In the meantime, I will try to learn this new fangled thing.)

No comments: