I am so thankful for my Mom and Dad. They're the best! I wish I lived closer to them, but I think we're here in St. George for the long haul.
My Mom is really one of my best friends. I've never had a problem talking to her about just anything (within reason, of course - there's some things a mother should never know). She's a good listener and I've always looked to her for advice - and her advice is usually spot-on. Growing up, we lived 25 minutes from my middle school and high school. But, until I got my car, my mom always drove me to my volleyball practices, even during two-a-days, to my band concerts, to after school activities, and to my friends' homes on the weekends. She didn't want me to miss out on anything I wanted to do. She was always at home when we came home from school and encourages me in anything I've wanted to do. If it weren't for my mom pushing journalism, I would've missed out on writing and editing my high school newspaper, which was one of the best experiences I've had. She takes care of her big baby (my little sis, Kassie), all while working full-time, being a nana, and doing the hordes of laundry/dishes that pile up. When I was younger I told her after she died the thing I'd remember most about her was always cleaning. OK, Mom, I'll remember more than that.
My Dad is the smartest person I know when it comes to anything that has to do with the gospel. He is a scriptural sponge. I think he's read every book by every apostle. He relaxes by reading his books, with his pink highlighter, at the kitchen table. My dad works for the railroad and is such a hard worker. He doesn't have set hours, yet he still manages to be on call constantly and go to work in the middle of the night. Growing up, my dad was the type who did things with my brother and I whenever he could. He wasn't the dad who had his nose in the TV or told us to be quiet because he couldn't hear. He'd take us to the park and play catch and get down on the floor and play "Memory." My dad has always been supportive in anything I do. The only time I felt any shame was when he was disappointed I quit volleyball one season after I had started it. I did get to go back and join the team again, but he's always taught me to finish what I start.
I love both my parents, and I probably don't tell them that enough, but I do.
My Mom is really one of my best friends. I've never had a problem talking to her about just anything (within reason, of course - there's some things a mother should never know). She's a good listener and I've always looked to her for advice - and her advice is usually spot-on. Growing up, we lived 25 minutes from my middle school and high school. But, until I got my car, my mom always drove me to my volleyball practices, even during two-a-days, to my band concerts, to after school activities, and to my friends' homes on the weekends. She didn't want me to miss out on anything I wanted to do. She was always at home when we came home from school and encourages me in anything I've wanted to do. If it weren't for my mom pushing journalism, I would've missed out on writing and editing my high school newspaper, which was one of the best experiences I've had. She takes care of her big baby (my little sis, Kassie), all while working full-time, being a nana, and doing the hordes of laundry/dishes that pile up. When I was younger I told her after she died the thing I'd remember most about her was always cleaning. OK, Mom, I'll remember more than that.
My Dad is the smartest person I know when it comes to anything that has to do with the gospel. He is a scriptural sponge. I think he's read every book by every apostle. He relaxes by reading his books, with his pink highlighter, at the kitchen table. My dad works for the railroad and is such a hard worker. He doesn't have set hours, yet he still manages to be on call constantly and go to work in the middle of the night. Growing up, my dad was the type who did things with my brother and I whenever he could. He wasn't the dad who had his nose in the TV or told us to be quiet because he couldn't hear. He'd take us to the park and play catch and get down on the floor and play "Memory." My dad has always been supportive in anything I do. The only time I felt any shame was when he was disappointed I quit volleyball one season after I had started it. I did get to go back and join the team again, but he's always taught me to finish what I start.
I love both my parents, and I probably don't tell them that enough, but I do.
3 comments:
I have never seen your parents before, I can't believe how much you look like your mom! They sound like wonderful parents.
I am loving all your thankful posts! I need to start some of my own! :)
Dang Jack! Getting all sentimental on us!! Just kidding- those were really nice words you had to say about your parents. I know they are awesome, cause they raised you and you are one of my greatest friends and I just love being around you. "You Complete Me"!! And about the Halloween candy- I eat a handful every night when Nathan goes to bed. And the rest will be used when the potty training begins- for me and him!!
What the hell? November is already half over and not a single thanks for the siblings? Whatever dude. . .
Post a Comment