Skip ahead about a year and a half and I was living in SG again. My roommates and some old friends went out to dinner with Sam and his friends. I sat across the table from him and he introduced himself. I told him I knew who he was and you could tell he thought he was quite the man. He had a girlfriend at the time, but no fiancee. Some time later we went "jeepin' " and I was stuck in his Jeep because there wasn't room in the other one. I had, up to this point, tried to avoid Sam because I always thought he thought we were annoying and he was doing us a favor taking us on the Jeep or the boat. He just didn't talk - which can be very uncomfortable. We played paintball tag between the two Jeeps and it was so much fun! He actually spoke to me on the way home and old me goodbye. Could the Sam actually be paying me attention?
Well, we went on some dates, broke up once, got back together, I threatened to move to Cedar City to finish school at the end of the semester (because I'd been commuting from SG for a semester) if we weren't engaged, and lo and behold! we were engaged a couple weeks after my ultimatum.
Sam's pretty simple in some ways and really mysterious in others. A good word for him is "abrupt." For example, if we were watching a movie at my apartment with a group of people, he'd just get up and leave without saying anything at the end of the movie. Movie's over - time to leave. No words necessary.
1. Where did you meet your husband?
On his boat.
2. How long did you date before you got married?
11 months
3. How long have you been married?
It will be seven years in March.
4. What does he do to surprise you?
Buys something - like a broken down truck. Oh, is this supposed to be a good surprise?
5. What is your favorite feature of his?
Height, bigness - makes me feel smaller.
6.What is your favorite quality?
He's the hardest worker ever. He can't sit still and he detests laziness.
7. Does he have a nickname for you?
Jack
8. What is his favorite food?
Meat, corn, pomegranate salad, and rolls with jam. He has to have jam on any bread and he was once going to ask for it at Red Lobster to put on his cheddar bay biscuits. Jam does not go on those type of rolls! I had to beg him not to embarrass me that way.
9. What is his favorite sport?
Basketball, dirt bikes, wake boarding
10. When and where did you first kiss?
In my mom's minivan after I dropped him off at his truck when he came through Grand Junction.
11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple?
Eat, go to the lake, drive in peace (no kids screaming) and just talk
12.Do you have children?
Three boys. Matt has Sam's energy. Milo has Sam's looks. Cooper had Sam's underlying mischievousness.
13. Does he have any hidden talents?
He gives really good foot massages.
14. How old is he?
31 on Nov. 3 - this birthday wasn't as dramatic as last years when he turned 30.
15. Who said I love you first?
He did.
16. What is his favorite music?
Alternative, rock, little bit of country, and Michael McLean's "Forgotten Carols"
17. What do you admire most about him?
I've always felt safe around Sam. He knows a lot more than he lets on. He's definitely not one to brag about his capabilities. He's such a good dad and will play ball and take the kids on the 4-wheeler. His ability to stick to his principles even though he's in a business surrounded by those who have little. His initiative - he wants to work for himself and so far as done a good job of making a go of his ventures.
18. What is his favorite color?
Blue
19. Will he read this?
Hmm...depends on how bored he is.
Did you know that Sam....
He's actually competed in some desert races.
Can wakeboard and jump the wake, and he can slalom ski?
Was on an award-winning racing team?
Can wakeboard and jump the wake, and he can slalom ski?
Was on an award-winning racing team?Even on our wedding day he had holes in his socks.
Even when I'm fat and just feel gross, he still makes me feel all nice and purty.
Is the best driver ever? Semis, four-wheelers, boats, dirt bikes, motorcycles, and even my minivan when I let him drive it.
Has a real strong sense of country?He listens to conservative talk radio and has some strong opinions on welfare, the economy, and Obama.
He couldn't resist me because he told me I was one of the few girls he ever dated who had a backbone and stood up for myself?
Is the best driver ever? Semis, four-wheelers, boats, dirt bikes, motorcycles, and even my minivan when I let him drive it.
Has a real strong sense of country?He listens to conservative talk radio and has some strong opinions on welfare, the economy, and Obama.
He couldn't resist me because he told me I was one of the few girls he ever dated who had a backbone and stood up for myself?Thanks for the tag Nancy Nina. I now tag Kara, Lainee, Crystal, Tara, Jeana, and Brittney (who never updates her blog!).



2 comments:
Oh, how sweet! Does Sam really like Micheal McClean, or is that you? I love how you said you loved him for his "bigness" and how he always makes you feel smaller! You're too funny! I would do this tag, but I don't have much exciting to say about Chris. He likes sports, and I liked him for that. Now I wish he got excited about something besides sports. He didn't even show much emotion at our ultrasound yesterday when he found out he was getting another boy! Come on!!
That was great Jackie! Fun to learn about Sam. Sounds like he is a great Husband and Dad! I would do the tag but I have kind of done one like this awhile back about Gavin, but yours was a lot better than mine.
PS Love the pictures! :)
Post a Comment