Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"Twilight"

I finished reading "Twilight" yesterday. Kristen, sister-in-law, loaned it to me two months ago and I just stuck it on my desk. There wasn't anything on TV on Sunday, so I broke it out...and that was the beginning of the end. I couldn't put it down! From 6-9 pm, I ignored my children while I read, then put them to bed, read again until 2 am, got up at 7 and read again for another two hours until I finished it. Very addicting.

Stephenie Meyer is no Jane Austen, and it was a bit goofy at times, but still very addicting. Must be the whole romance/danger/nerd girl meets hot guy type of thing. But, I was a little confused - so Edward only likes Belle because she smells good? Am I off-base here?? Damn, I want some of those pheremones! So then I got on Meyer's website and looked up the movie - Edward's looking pretty good, but I'm not totally sold on Belle. I did more research on the actress playing her (because surfing the Net is one activity I do while hiding from the children, and believe me, I've been hiding a lot lately) and I may not be able to get past the fact that she was the hippie child on the movie "Into the Wild." Remember her? She lived in the trailer village with her dad or someone. Anyway, I will definitely be camping out with the other crazies when the movie comes to town. And haha, I live where it's warm so I won't be camping in snow.

So, I have a blog now, I'm addicted to the "Twilight" series...so, now I just need to get the family stick figures to put on the back window of my mini-van and I really will have been baptized by fire into Utah hell. Oh well, I have lived here ten years now, so I guess it was bound to happen...highlights and a bob should have given me away years ago.

2 comments:

Monica Hudson said...

LOLOLOL!! You are hilarious! I have yet to read it, though I have it on my dresser and have been bombarded daily by my "fan" friends, sooooo it won't be long before I've joined you in your addiction! Good luck with it - we may have to eventually start a "Twilight Anonymous"!

Kara said...

Wow, I didn't know you were a Twilight fanatic too! I have never read any of them- I don't read books! I just watch "Days of Our Lives" and blog about my "adorable" kid and stalk blogs and make up friends. I really don't know half of those people, I just pretend so I can fell popular! If you want a contest- you're on! Cause I know a lot more people I can call my "friends"! Did you find Heidi (Zoebell)'s blog on mine? Remember the sister missionary from Dixie? She'd probably love to hear from you. I bet Jean Marie has one that you can link up to all those other "raintree" girls too. You'll start to find more and more as you stalk other people's blogs.