So, I made a playlist tonight and I had a perma-grin the entire time! I love music. My tastes aren't real limited and so I can like some different stuff. I've played the piano since I was eight and played the clarinet in middle school. And as much as I would've hated to admit it in high school - I secretly wanted to be in the band. I know being a "band fag" wasn't the cool thing, but heck, I really did like band in middle school and I wasn't too bad at it.
So, I love music and while making this playlist just about every song holds some kind of memory for me, hence the perma-grin. All these songs remind me of my friends or some meaningful time in my life. "Your Love is My Love" takes me back to my Raintree apartment at Dixie; "Eye of the Tiger" was a high school theme song at every sporting event; "Small Town, Saturday Night" reminds me of Kanab for some odd reason; and well, Britney Spears and Backstreet Boys...well, if you're in my generation you know what I'm talking about.
Songs and smells can bring you back to any moment in time and I love that memories can stay so fresh that way. That song Mark McGrath sings about "there's a halo on my girlfriend's four post bed...." that song reminds me of waffles...hmm. I'm just thankful for good songs, good buddies, and good times.
Sidenote: I've always wanted to live in a musical. Wouldn't it be so cool if everyone just broke out into song and dance in unison? I would love to have my life set to a soundtrack!
3 comments:
OK, two things. First, I am not sure you can say "fag" can you? I think you have to say "band-homosexual". Second, songs and memories eh? What song reminds you of the time you hooked up with Robert the Bruce in the hot tub? just wonderin'........
I'm not sure about living in a musical. I mean sometimes you just want to get through the story and not have to stop to hear the song. Besides, the same people would always be singing. I think I would end up mocking people.
Why does the Sugar Ray song remind you of waffles? That's strange! I have so many songs that remind me of you and our fun karaoke days at Dixie and cruising the Boulevard in Phil's car. You make me want to make a mix CD from our Dixie days!!
Post a Comment