Friday, November 14, 2008

Thanks for TV

I like TV. I admit it. I spend my days with a three little boys ages 4, 2, and 1. I really do look forward to bedtime. I mean, it's not always the highlight of my day, but when I finally get to lay my sweet angels down at the end of sometimes a long, hard, long day, the TV and I can once again reconnect.

I do love my children; they are the most important people in my life, but sometimes I read other people's blogs and it gets me down. Do these other bloggers who have kid(s) not get worn down? Because, I swear, it sounds like these mothers (and fathers) have all the energy, patience, and love in the world and they're almost disappointed when the day is over. OK, not me. About half the time, I do a naked dance, eat some chocolate, lovingly kiss my DVR, and settle in for a few hours.

I need some me time at the end of the day. Sam doesn't understand why I stay up so late most nights. "Just go to sleep. Why do you gotta stay up?" the man says to me. He doesn't understand. I need alone time! My TV is overtaken by a combination of "Tom and Jerry" and "Thomas" sporadically during the day. So, I don't even try anymore (and there's always something I should be doing instead of TV, as much as I hate to admit it).

Thank the heavens for the advent of DVR! What a sublime, wonderful creation! I was against getting it at first: only TV junkies would tape shows, and I was not a TV junkie. That was the old me. I now have 68 episodes of "The Office," the last few episodes of "Lost" (which I can't watch yet because I have to see the first few of that season), "87 Kids and Counting" (I think that's it), "Unwrapped," "The Biggest Loser," and a few others here and there that catch my fancy.

Anyway, I love TV and people really shouldn't put it down. All things in moderation, and only "good" programming, of course, but I can always count on my TV to help me unwind at the end of the day.

4 comments:

Kara said...

Amen sister! Our days revolve around the TV, and that's a little embarrassing, but who cares. Sometimes the TV is what keeps me sane! I LOVE DVR and don't know how we lived without it for so long!!

Nancy Nina said...

I love TV! And the only thing I love more are the people who aren't afraid of saying they love it too!

Lainee said...

I have to admit there is a few shows each week I HAVE to watch! TV is one of my little escapes. Thanks for admitting you love it too.

PS It was fun to see you today! You looked great. I love ya!!

Megan said...

Jackie!!! I'm so glad that you found my blog! I can't believe you have 3 little men! They are precious! I love the name Cooper (our Kyle was almost a Cooper too!)!
Tell your family "hi" from me! And I also totally agree with your opinion of TV! It's my alone time at the end of a long day too!